KIMS KOLLAM fetal medicine department primarily offers a full range of ultrasound services including antepartum scans in the first, second and third trimesters, Down syndrome screening, Fetal ECHO, 3D/4D ultrasound and ultrasound-guided procedures like Amniocentesis, Amnioreduction, Chorionic villus sampling, Doppler for IUGR, Preeclampsia screening.
The department is also equipped with a powerful Ultrasound Machine, GE - Volusen E8, the only one in Kollam.
The High-risk pregnancy and Fetal medicine department handles the ultrasound imaging and diagnosis of patients that
- Are carrying a baby with a birth defect or other suspected problem
- Will be 35 years old or older at the time of conception
- Have a family history or previous child with birth defects
- Have a family history of a genetic disorder
- Have a history of poor pregnancy outcomes (Recurrent miscarriage, Stillbirth, Premature delivery)
- Have a history of pregnancy-related complications (Premature delivery, Preeclampsia, Gestational diabetes)
- Have a serious medical condition (High blood pressure, Diabetes, Heart disease, Inflammatory bowel disease, Autoimmune disorders etc.)
- Have a multiple gestation (Twins, Triplets or even higher order)